Accelerate your progress on the journey towards governance excellence.
Our residential retreat is the perfect next step for alumni who have completed our open or tailored corporate governance courses for Boards, Senior Executives and non-executives or those taking up a senior position within the Governing Body of an organisation who wants to take their self-development to the next level.
Held in vibrant locations across Africa, this programme will take you completely out of your demanding and stressful environment, creating a space where you can truly pause, take stock and challenge yourself to think differently.
WHY IS GOVERNANCE EXCELLENCE CRITICAL NOW?
The world has never been as uncertain, dynamic and complex as it is today. Enormous shifts are accelerating change in our environments, communities, economies, lives and work. Dealing with this volatility and striving for a sustainable future needs extensive transformation; it is the Governance Body that initiates and directs that transformation.
The governing bodies of organisations have to make the right decisions on future priorities to ensure sustainability. To be effective at this, they need to adjust their mindset, skills and behaviours to meet international best practice.
THIS RETREAT IS ABOUT HELPING YOU TO IDENTIFY COMPETENCY ENHANCEMENTS TO EFFECTIVELY CONTRIBUTE AND EXCEL AS A MEMBER OF THE GOVERNANCE BODY
Your governance role will severely test your ability to predict, learn, understand, have and express opinions, make judgments and execute decisions based on knowledge and reason.
This immersive course will help you to explore how to ensure synergy, trust and confidence between the board and stakeholders, and have decisive influence over the organisations’ performance.
On completion, you will be able to evaluate your individual competency and performance and that of the governance team as a whole, to identify opportunities for improvement.
SPECIAL FEATURES OF THIS COURSE:
• You will be asked to complete a corporate governance diagnostic questionnaire before commencing the retreat to inform your individual learning and development plan
• You will hear from a range of inspiring individuals onsite or at an experiential visit
• The emphasis will be on personalised coaching style sessions that explore your strengths, challenges and aspirations
• You will explore your personal challenges and work through to a solution and action plan
• Delegates will be able to practice their governance team skills through a number of dynamic experiential group exercises focusing on common issues such as:
– Optimising governance capital
– Authority and Accountability matrix
– Managing conflicts of interest
– Risk governance
– Embracing technological risks and opportunities
– Information and knowledge governance
– Excellence in stakeholder engagement
– Intelligent and competent governance
– Effective decision making
– Managing the TRUST brand, personal and organisation
• There will be frequent networking opportunities and ongoing access through Crown Agents’ alumni network
• Following the retreat, three sessions of optional remote coaching will be available for three months
Return to the office motivated, re-focused and more ‘Fit for the Future’ in your governance role and as a member of the governing body.
Fee includes five-nights’ accommodation in 5* hotels, and all meals.
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.