The role of managers in senior and executive positions is evolving. To be successful in today’s world of business, you must be able to adapt and respond quickly to the changing needs and wants of your team. Flexibility, compassion and agility are therefore key attributes of an effective and authentic manager.
This programme will help you become a more successful 21st century manager and raise your profile and credibility within the organisation. It focuses on the skills and attitudes needed to achieve a balance between delivering results, creating a high performing team and developing and nurturing the individuals within that team for optimum performance.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand your own preferred style of management and the impact it has on your team
- Be a change agent: recognise and manage the impact of change on you and your team
- Use powerful communication strategies and skills to empower and support personal development
- Choose appropriate team development techniques to enhance performance
- Embed a best practice approach to performance management
- Prepare for your next step: understand the difference between management and leadership and the skills you need to make that transition
- Identifying various management styles and how they impact in different the environments
- Managing change within oneself and for the team
- Understanding team development
- The Emotionally intelligent manager
- Performance management – the approach and the practice
- Looking ahead- difference between management and leadership
- Personal planning to take learning from the course forward
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.