THE ESSENTIAL PROGRAMME FOR ALL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGERS
Supply chain management (SCM) is a vital and integral component in an organisation’s success. It’s essential to efficiency and profitability and should be frequently reviewed at a senior and strategic level.
However, many organisations fail to get the most out of their supply chains and their relationships with key suppliers and customers, wasting both time and money and missing opportunities to secure a greater (and fairer) share of the overall value of goods. This comprehensive and step-by-step programme provides practitioners with the tools and techniques to develop effective supply chains.
It first defines the supply chain, demonstrating its importance, illustrating different structural options in the marketplace and identifying the core competencies needed by staff. It explores the strategic role of SCM, with delegates covering the key techniques involved in developing a successful SCM strategy through a deeper understanding of supply chains from raw commodities through to finished products.
Delegates define the enablers for successful SCM, including organisational infrastructure; strategic alliances; human resource management; data and technology; compliance and M&E. The issue of risk within the Supply Chain, including corruption, is tackled head-on.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Define the supply chain, its component parts and stakeholder relationships
- Create a successful supply chain strategy
- Apply current SCM best practices in your organisation
- Analyse and manage risks within the supply chain
- Motivate and build capacity of supply chain staff
- Implement monitoring systems to ensure goals are achieved
- Improve your data management and optimisation
- Fundamentals of SCM and understanding supply chain flows
- Key enablers for successful SCM including relationship management and technology integration
- International supply chains and global commodities markets
- Supply chain management in international development
- Contract Management
- Managing risk and tackling corruption
- Total Quality Management and ensuring sustainable SCM
- Improving the performance of a supply chain team
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.