THE ESSENTIAL PROGRAMME FOR ALL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGERS.
Supply chain management (SCM) is a vital and integral component in an organisation’s success. It’s essential to efficiency and profitability and should be frequently reviewed at a senior and strategic level.
However, many organisations fail to get the most out of their supply chains and their relationships with key suppliers, wasting both time and money. This comprehensive and step-by-step programme provides practitioners with the tools and techniques to develop effective supply chains.
It first defines the supply chain, demonstrating its importance, illustrating different structural options in the marketplace and identifying the core competencies needed by staff. It explores the strategic role of SCM, with delegates covering the key techniques involved in developing a successful SCM strategy.
Delegates define the enablers for successful SCM, including organisational infrastructure; strategic alliances; human resource management; data and technology; compliance and M&E. The issue of risk within the Supply Chain, including corruption, is tackled head-on.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Define the supply chain, its component parts and stakeholder relationships
- Create a successful supply chain strategy
- Apply current SCM best practices in your organisation
- Analyse and manage risks within the supply chain
- Motivate and build capacity of supply chain staff
- Implement monitoring systems to ensure goals are achieved
- Improve your data management and optimisation
- Fundamentals of SCM and understanding supply chain flows
- Key enablers for successful SCM including relationship management and technology integration
- Supply chain management in international development
- Contract Management
- Managing risk and tackling corruption
- Total Quality Management and ensuring sustainable SCM
- Improving the performance of a supply chain team
Delegates receive one year’s affiliate membership of CIPS.
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.