This one-week programme is the ideal progression course for senior supply chain professionals who have completed The Supply Chain Management Professional or who wish to take their knowledge and skills to the next level.
Covering the key challenges impacting on today’s supply chain team leader, it will drill down into areas including: Strategic alignment of the supply chain strategy with organisational objectives; horizon scanning for new developments/challenges in SCM; leading internal and external risks; budget and cost management; relationship management and negotiation skills; key demand and supply challenges; creating an ethical and compliant supply chain and developing your leadership skills.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Review and improve your existing supply chain strategy
- Evaluate ethical and CSR standards in your supply chain and risks including modern day slavery
- Streamline the supply chain process, improving cost and budget control
- Improve your supplier relationship and negotiation skills
- Recognise and mitigate against risks found in demand and supply, common internal planning and control errors, and broader environmental and geopolitical threats
- Evaluate potential compliance and corruption weak spots and take action
- Use improved leadership and management skills to assess current strengths and skill gaps in your team and devise a strategy to build capacity and improve efficiencies and motivation
- Improving the structure and delivery of your supply chain management strategy
- Streamlining processes to improve budget and cost management
- Improved supplier relationship management
- Rooting out non-compliance, corruption and unethical practices
- Strategic sourcing and buying decisions and honing your negotiation skills
- Internal and external risk management
- Developing as a leader and people manager
Delegates receive one year’s affiliate membership of CIPS
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.