This course is designed for senior HR Managers and heads of HR who are responsible for delivering HR strategic plans that enable organisations to achieve their objectives. It is also highly relevant for Board Members who wish to gain a top-level understanding of HR and the critical role this function plays.
It has a focus on how to work as a strategic business partner with the business leaders, ensuring that HR strategies around key activities such as recruitment, succession planning and staff development are fully aligned with the overall corporate vision. Leadership skills, emotional intelligence and understanding motivations are also explored.
Delegates will work through their real-life challenges and goals to emerge with a clear outline strategic HR plan at the end of the 10 days.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand internal and external impacts on business strategy and objectives within the context of HR strategy
- Improve the HR strategy development process
- Understand what’s required of the strategic HR business partner in successfully supporting strategy execution
- Deliver specific strategies on recruitment, retention, succession planning and organisational learning
- Learn about David Ulrich’s six core competencies required to become an effective HR professional
- Champion the change you want to see in your organisation
- Return home with an outline strategic HR plan that supports and aligns with overall organisational aims
- Building business awareness: understanding the internal and external context of the organisation’s objectives and strategy
- The HR strategy development framework
- Partnering with business leaders, executive teams and Boards to create value
- Strategic resourcing and staff development to achieve your strategic aims
- The impact of culture on business strategy
- Improving your leadership and emotional intelligence skills
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.