This course will build your capacity in the key tools and techniques that need to be employed by public sector organisations in order to achieve their strategic and operational financial management objectives.
In addition, it focuses on the issues and challenges which are likely to impede the seamless operation of budgeting and accounting processes, and highlights the strategies required to address them.
The course defines strategic financial management, within the context of effective budget preparation and execution, and explores its role in providing organisations with the means of achieving their strategic and operational objectives.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Apply strategic financial management techniques to add value to budget preparation and execution processes
- Understand the differences between management accounting and financial accounting
- Design robust and meaningful financial performance measures
- Establish a framework for measuring the achievements of non-financial budget objectives
- Understand the main processes involved in the preparation of accounts for strategic and operational use by all levels of management
- Recognise the components and significance of integrated financial management information systems
- Use financial and economic appraisal techniques in the evaluation of projects
- Understand the principles of procurement and its role in public financial management
- Public financial management reforms
- Budget preparation and execution
- Traditional financial reporting and results-based performance measurement
- Design and implementation of a Chart of Accounts
- Procurement principles
- Principles of effective cash management
- Planning and budgeting, and cashflow forecasting
- Integrated financial management information systems
- Project appraisal techniques
- Internal controls, fraud and governance
Our remote training courses offer:
- Nearly 50% discount on our Face-to-Face course for the same number of training hours!
- Discounts: 4+2: Book four places and get two free.
- All remote course delegates are eligible for our Alumni programme.
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.