This specialised 10-day programme focuses on two areas of procurement that, while closely connected, can require specific skillsets and present challenges for procurement professionals.
Delegates will explore all phases of the procurement process for Works as well as Consulting Services. Establishing and following sound processes are key to success in procurement. Topics covered include: Strategy and organisation of procurement; Planning and management of procurement operations; Identifying the correct procurement procedure and selection methods; Preparation of procurement documents; Evaluation of bids/proposals; Negotiation and award of contract; Contract management. Delegates will also learn the fundamentals of effective project management and how the project cycle relates to the procurement cycle.
The course will also examine practical experiences of civil works projects, including the coordination of the design and supervision services. Emerging crucial issues will be introduced, including identification and management of procurements risks, innovation in procurement, sustainability and green procurement. Case studies and technical visits will help delegates to familiarise with recognised best practices in the procurement of large infrastructure projects.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Undertake procurement for Works or Consultancy Services with greater confidence
- Adhere to international standards in procurement and contract documentation
- Set up and implement the required processes and procedures for successful procurement
- Select the best contractors and service providers
- Create sound design criteria for Works projects
- Appreciate contract management issues that are crucial for effective procurement
- Put improved project-management skills to work
- Actively engage in the management of procurement issues such as risks, innovation and sustainability
- Negotiate and award contracts that align with your budget and project goals
- International procurement standards for Works and Services
- Key processes for Works procurement
- Improving project management skills
- Selection of providers
- Evaluating bids
- Supervision of works
- Contract negotiation and award
Delegates receive one year’s affiliate membership of CIPS
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.