This specialised 10-day programme focuses on two areas of procurement that, while closely connected, can require specific skillsets and present challenges for procurement professionals.
Delegates will explore all phases of the procurement process for Works as well as Consulting Services. Establishing and following sound processes are key to success in procurement. Topics covered include: Strategy and organisation of procurement; Planning and management of procurement operations; Identifying the correct procurement procedure and selection methods; Preparation of procurement documents; Evaluation of bids/proposals; Negotiation and award of contract; Contract management. Delegates will also learn the fundamentals of effective project management and how the project cycle relates to the procurement cycle.
The course will examine practical experiences of civil works projects, including the coordination of the design and supervision services. Emerging crucial issues will be introduced, including identification and management of procurements risks, innovation in procurement, sustainability and green procurement. Case studies and technical visits will help delegates to familiarise with recognised best practices in the procurement of large infrastructure projects.
Delegates receive one year’s affiliate membership of CIPS.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Undertake procurement for Works as well as Consultancy Services with greater confidence
- Set up and implement the required processes and procedures for successful procurement
- Adhere to international standards in procurement and prepare procurement documents
- Select the best contractors and service providers
- Evaluate competitive bids and proposals
- Negotiate and award contracts that align with your budget and project goals
- Appreciate contract management issues that are crucial for effective procurement
- Put improved project-management skills to work
- Actively engage in the management of procurement issues such as risks, innovation and sustainability
- Organisation and strategy of procurements for Works and Consulting Services
- Improving project management skills
- Planning and management of procurement operations
- Key processes for procurement of Works and Consulting services
- Preparation of Procurement Documents
- Evaluation of bids and proposals
- Contract negotiation and award
- Contract management
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.