The development of internal markets and private/public sector partnership models has resulted in an increasing need for public sector managers to adopt private sector techniques and approaches. This course will be relevant to all those involved in public sector strategic management, parastatal organisations or PPP projects. It will develop an understanding of the possibilities of entrepreneurship within the public sector, fostering creative problem solving and encouraging an enterprising approach through action-based learning, group work, e-learning and case study analysis.
On completion, you will be able to:
- The key characteristics of the entrepreneur
- Three stages of entrepreneurship - process, innovation and growth – within a public sector context
- The enterprise environment and its impacts on society
- Theories of corporate and social entrepreneurship
- The relevance of the enterprising network and its application in the public sector environment
GAIN NEW INTELLECTUAL, PRACTICAL AND TRANSFERABLE SKILLS:
Gain a critical understanding of the practical applications of entrepreneurship and business planning within today’s public sector environment Understand the functional, strategic and socio-political issues impacting on entrepreneurship Develop the key skills needed in the construction of a realistic business proposal Build essential research, critical thinking and problem solving skills Improve your team working, communication and presentation skills
Crown Agents is delighted to offer courses in collaboration with
London South Bank University (LSBU)*.
These courses are aligned with modules of the University’s Executive
Masters in Public Administration (XMPA). On successful completion of
all module requirements, delegates will receive accreditation for
credits earned from LSBU.
• Online blogs/discussion posts (minimum of 10) towards developing a project plan which demonstrates business planning skills and interaction with others. Deadlines to be advised
• Project plan presentation (max. 10 minutes). Deadlines to
• Please note the deadline for assignments align to LSBU’s
examination timetable. Late submissions will not be accepted
• Some reading and preparation prior to the course will be required
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.