The Project Management in Development for Professionals (PMD Pro) are internationally recognised certifications which have been developed by experts from leading NGOs and charities.
They have been designed to reflect the unique factors which impact on development projects and to embed a consistent approach to project management in the sector.
PMD Pro 2 is the progression from the foundation-level PMD Pro 1 and is designed for professionals who would like to develop their skills further and gain a practitioner-level qualification.
It moves on from the grounding in project management concepts and processes covered in PMD Pro Level 1 to focus on the practical application of the terminologies, tools and techniques learned. During this interactive programme, delegates will work through real-life project scenarios and hear from experienced development professionals.
The course includes integrated preparation for the optional PMD Pro Level 2 certificate exam which may be taken at the end of week two.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate that you can analyse, apply and adapt what you have learned to address the challenges of a given project scenario
- Give confidence to donors and other project stakeholders that you are working to international best practice standards
- The programme and project life cycle
- Project design and initiation
- Project governance and organisation
- Stakeholder management
- Risk and issue management
- Reporting and M&E
Please note that delegates taking the Level 2 exam must have already passed the Level 1 exam.
This course is week three and four of The PMD Pro Qualifications Toolkit.
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.