This two-week course is aligned with the internationally recognised Program DPro Certificate.
Program DPro is the progression from the Project DPro certification and is designed for professionals with experience of working in a project or programme-based environment who would like to develop their skills further through an exploration of best practices and tools contextualized to the international development sector.
It moves on from the grounding in project management concepts and processes covered in Project DPro and provides public sector officials and other development professionals with advice, tools and guidance to assist them to more effectively fulfil their role, whether that be at the local, regional or international level. It will enable delegates to offer leadership to project managers and their teams, and to align projects with the goals and overarching strategy of their organisation.
On this comprehensive and hands-on course, delegates will work through real-life project scenarios and hear from experienced development professionals.
The course includes integrated preparation for the optional Program DPro Level 1 Certificate exam which may be taken at the end of week two.
It is strongly recommended that delegates sitting for Program DPro Level 1 certification exam complete the Project DPro Level 1 certification first.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM DPRO LEVEL 1 CERTIFICATION:
Program DPro is an internationally recognised certification programme, developed by PM4NGOs and APMG International. Award of the Program DPro certification by APMG will require passing an online multiple-choice examination at the end of the second week of the course. After passing the certification exam participants will be able to display the Program DPro Level 1 digital badge.
This is week three and four of The Development Programme (DPro) Toolkit.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Perform as a fully-fledged programme manager, able to offer leadership to project managers and their teams
- Align projects with the goals and overarching strategy of an organisation
- Deliver high quality public sector, humanitarian, development and environmental programmes
- Address the challenge of coordination, creating synergies between projects and maximizing the impact of programmes
- Develop innovative solutions that allow country and regional teams to be responsive
- Managing complexity
- Projects, Programmes and Portfolio Management
- Programme phases and principles
- Disciplines of programme management
- Programme identification, design, planning and implementation
- Programme closure
- Theory of Change
- The Programme Manager: Skills and Competencies
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.