Organisations in the international development sector see improvements in project management practice as a top priority.
It is crucial to embed a common approach to project management so that the fundamental and complex challenges faced by managers of development projects can be consistently and effectively addressed.
This programme provides a thorough grounding in project management concepts, processes and practice. It considers how projects can be consistently organised and managed, effectively and efficiently delivered, completed on time and to agreed budget, scope and quality.
This course is aligned to the Project DPro Level 1 syllabus. It includes integrated preparation for the optional Project DPro Level 1 certificate exam which may be taken at the end of week two.
This is week one and two of The Development Project and Financial Management Toolkit and The Development Programme (DPro) Toolkit.
ABOUT THE PROJECT DPRO FOUNDATION CERTIFICATION:
Project DPro is an internationally recognised certification programme developed by PM4NGOs. Project DPro is platform-independent and tailored to the complexities, challenges and objectives that are common to development projects. Award of the Project DPro Foundation Certification will require passing an online multiple-choice examination. After passing the certification exam participants will be able to display the Project DPro Foundation digital certificate.
The September date for this course will be delivered in Arlington, Virginia, which is situated directly adjacent to Washington D.C. and is home to a host of historic buildings, excellent shopping facilities and other attractions.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Describe typical activities in each phase of the project life cycle
- Assess the quality of a project logframe
- Map key project stakeholders and create an effective engagement plan
- Plan an appropriate approach to M&E for a given project
- Recognise and distinguish all elements in the life of a development project as described in the Project DPro Guide
- Participate actively in the management of a development project from identification to end of project transition
- Phases of a programme and project life cycle
- Project governance and organisation
- Project design, initiation and planning
- Logframe tool and theories of change
- Complex stakeholder management
- Project implementation, project control and project triangle
- Risk and issue management
- Monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Project review and change
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.