This course is based on the PPP Guide developed by APMG International, the most reputable global accreditation and examination institute. At the end of the programme delegates will take the APMG CP3P Foundation exam to become a recognised PPP Foundation professional.
This comprehensive ten-day, ten-module programme will develop delegates’ understanding of the importance of a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) framework, focussing on the basis structure, types, and processes of a successful PPP project.
It identifies the underlying principles and elements of PPP good practice that are applicable in most emerging markets and developing economies. Delegates will study a broad definition and the basic features of a PPP project, and how this contrasts with traditional procurement processes. They will also identify the benefits and potential challenges of implementing PPPs as a procurement option.
On this highly practical programme, delegates will develop an understanding of the need to develop a PPP framework and how to carefully manage the PPP process, with a focus on its phase, activities, outputs and decision cycle. Delegates will also receive training on Infrastructure Finance and an introduction to Islamic Finance, as well as an examination of the role of MDBs, government, and the private sector in successfully implementing a PPP.
ABOUT THE APMG INTERNATIONAL APMG CP3P FOUNDATION QUALIFICATION
Crown Agents is in the process of applying to become an APMG Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) – this course is subject to successful application. This course covers the syllabus of the APMG CP3P Foundation certificate. Delegates will take the Foundation exam through APMG International.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Identify potential projects to be managed as a PPP
- Adhere to best international practices to structure a PPP project
- Evaluate an existing project governance structure and identify the means to successfully implement a PPP
- Participate in a PPP project team and contribute to preparing project structure and contracts
- Help design PPP project selection criteria within a legal framework
- PPPs in infrastructure sectors
- Motivation and caveats of PPPs
- The basic structure of a PPP project
- Causes and types of project failure
- Introduction to the PPP framework concept
- Overview of a PPP project cycle
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.