We live in an ever-changing business environment, with disruption and the need for change coming from all sides. Today’s senior HR practitioner needs to be fully aware of the critical role design and development play in contributing to the success of the organisation.
Organisation Design is the process of shaping an organisational structure to align it with the purpose of the business. A re-design can be triggered by the need to improve service delivery or specific business processes, or as a result of a new mandate. Organisational Development is the comprehensive and systematic process aimed at improving the overall effectiveness of an organisation. It involves intervening in its processes, structure and culture, with a strong emphasis on organisational behaviour, human resource development and organisational change. Organisational design can be viewed as an organisational development intervention and the two work hand-in-hand.
But for any design and development project to succeed, the organisation must make its changes as effectively and painlessly as possible and in a manner that aligns with its strategy, invigorates employees, builds distinctive capabilities, and makes it easier to attract customers.
This programme will equip HR professionals with the knowledge needed to guide their organisation through this complex and strategically critical process.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Define organisation design and how it is different to organisational development
- Understand how organisation design can help or hinder the achievement of strategy
- Assist in identifying the most appropriate organisational design methods to meet current challenges
- Find the most appropriate Organisational Development model
- Identify the top talent to drive change for the future
- Assist and plan effectively organisational development and re-design
- Types of organisational structures
- Approaches to organisational design
- Implementing organisational change effectively
- Organisational Development models
- Putting Organisational Design and Development into practice
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.