The Learning and Development (L&D) function in any organisation exists to ensure that the learning solutions on offer are aligned to the organisation’s objectives, offer the best opportunities for staff development and contribute to a positive learning culture in the organisation.
As a modern L&D professional, you are expected to have a broad range of skills and an understanding of the latest ways to engage staff through a variety of learning events.
This practical ten-day course will explore all of the requirements of a successful L&D function and equip delegates with the confidence and inspiration to improve how staff learn and develop in their organisation. This will include exploring areas of learning such as coaching and mentoring, facilitation, training consultation and tools to assist in undertaking Learning Needs Analyses.
How to evaluate the impact of training once completed to ensure organisational benefit and improved staff performance will also be fully covered.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand the modern Learning Cycle
- Expand your knowledge of different methods of learning delivery and how these can be used to build a learning culture
- Undertake a Learning Needs Analysis (LNA) aligned to the organisational goals, interacting effectively with staff to gain insight into their learning needs and ambitions
- Put together a training plan from information gathered during the LNA
- Run a range of learning events with confidence
- Evaluate the impact of training on ongoing staff performance once completed
- Explore Coaching and Mentoring models and techniques
- Role of the L&D function
- Aligning L&D strategy with organisational needs
- Conducting Learning Needs Analyses and putting together a training plan
- Evaluating the impact of training to ensure follow-through and value for money
- The use of Coaching and Mentoring for enhanced performance
- Organising a range of learning events with confidence
- Marketing L&D within the organisation to gain buy-in at all levels
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.