Organisations can be damaged at warp speed in the age of social media. Reputations and brands that have been built over decades can be destroyed in a matter of hours over a multitude of media platforms.
The aim of this course is to give you a thorough understanding of how to work with and influence the media to ensure your organisation’s reputation and profile is managed effectively. It covers the latest techniques and systems for dealing with the media, from crafting news stories, handling crises and holding media interviews. The ways in which the digital age is shaping the way we engage with the media, and the public, is fully explored.
Aimed at those who have a public relations, communications or marketing role, it will bring your PR and media handling skills up to date and ensure you can act as a guardian of your organisation’s reputation.
Fee includes Global Affiliate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Work with the media to maximum effect
- Handle the modern 24-hour media and the demands it makes on governments and businesses
- Deal quickly with a crisis to protect your reputation
- Use digital media in a more effective way
- Write more compelling news stories and press releases
- Applying public relations techniques more effectively
- Reviewing existing communications and PR strategies and skillsets and putting improvements in action
- Taking your organisation through a ‘media storm’ with its reputation intact
- Contemporary media handling techniques – learn from industry professionals and real life examples
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.