Trained project and programme management practitioners are essential for the successful delivery of strategic outcomes, however, as professionals from a range of disciplines become increasingly involved in projects, all managers now need a good understanding of the principles of sound project management.
This course is designed for anyone involved in the delivery of projects and programmes, especially public servants and project office staff, who need to improve their skills to ensure a project’s success.
It will equip you with the practical tools and techniques to identify, develop, plan, control and implement programmes and projects which are aligned to the objectives of your organisation. Group work on a series of realistic practical hands-on case study exercises will reinforce your learning.
The tools and techniques studied are designed to be adaptable to meet an organisation’s specific needs and circumstances. These may range from performance improvement projects, through to complex national capacity-building programmes.
The course is delivered by practising project management professionals with experience in many sectors and countries and includes relevant site visits.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Define, appraise, plan, implement and control programmes and projects to deliver strategic benefits to your organisation
- Effectively supervise, monitor and evaluate a range of programmes and projects
- Avoid the common causes of project failure by applying best practice in project and programme management
- Develop an excellent basis of knowledge and skills to advance to professional project and programme qualifications such as PRINCE2®
- Identifying the scope of projects and programmes to ensure delivery against organisational goals
- How to identify, analyse and engage with a range of project and programme stakeholders
- Applying effective methods of project planning, scheduling and control
- Identifying and tracking benefits and risks
- Managing the challenges of team management in a project environment
- Systematic tracking and reporting on progress
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.