Governments and private sector employers are reviewing their pension commitments and the difficult decisions that have to be considered in order to maintain a sustainable commitment to pension provision.
Schemes are becoming less generous against a backdrop of profound demographic changes, as the risks and burdens of adequate pension funding shift to the individual. This is necessitating substantial changes to the management of schemes.
This course addresses these emerging challenges and provides an in-depth insight into the investment management issues facing pension schemes in a development environment.
With a focus on real-life examples delivered by trainers with extensive on-the-ground international experience, it examines best practice concepts, and delivers clear practical guidance steps that will empower delegates to contribute to the development and delivery of sustainable pension schemes in their own environment.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand pension principles and engender more robust pension scheme provision
- Apply best practice governance to ensure more effective management of pension scheme risks
- Design and implement change in pension schemes to make them more sustainable and with operationally efficient
- Shape objectives and informed decision-making on the proper investment of pension scheme assets
- Identify the specific opportunities and threats relating to investment of pension fund assets in the local market
- Identify the specific opportunities and threats relating to investment of pension fund assets:
– In domestic and overseas market
– In mainstream securities and private assets such as Private Equity and Infrastructure
- Scheme types
- Changes in pension provision
- The role of the actuary
- The valuation process
- Funding and investment
- Portfolio management and performance measurement
- Scheme administration and governance
- Legislation and regulation
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.