Globally, the first quarter of the 21st century is “the era of governance”, and the pursuit of good governance is very high on international, national and organisational agendas in this ever more complex business world.
Delivering demonstrably excellent corporate governance poses significant leadership challenges and often requires significant change and development as it places expectations, responsibilities and accountabilities upon Board Members, Senior Executives and Non-Executives charged with running organisations to strive for a higher standard of consistent governance excellence.
This interactive and challenging programme recognises that good organisational leadership and corporate governance work hand-in-hand in all successful organisations. Excellent corporate governance leadership provides the right strategic direction, high quality and ethical decision making, effective implementation of policies and organisational control. Through robust leadership, accountability, oversight and assurance, governance goes beyond just legal and regulatory compliance and duties of care and is the key enabler of achieving the very best outcomes for all stakeholders. It will bring together the full range of expectations, competencies and behaviours required for Board Members, and takes them on a learning journey to achieve their corporate governance and personal development aims.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAMME FOR?
This programme is designed for current and future executive and non-executive Board Members and Senior Executives. It will equip them to effectively discharge their individual and collective governance roles, responsibilities and accountabilities, and lead the organisation to success and sustainability through governance excellence. It is invaluable and insightful for Board Members, Board Committee Members and senior (C Suite) executives as they transition from being a “doing” board into a “governing” board. This comprehensive toolkit covers the processes and oversight which drive the highest standards of leadership, accountability and behaviour.
Working with our experienced trainers, delegates will be offered 1-2-1 executive coaching both during and after the programme to help embed learnings by addressing their individual leadership and governance challenges. You will engage with subject-matter experts, visit interesting and relevant organisations to examine governance best practice and collective leadership first-hand, and will be encouraged to produce a personal development plan to use learnings to address the challenges faced within your own workplace.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and direction of governance and leadership at the very top of an organisation
- Develop the right organisational culture and lead organisational behaviour
- Demonstrate ethical leadership
- Maintain effective stakeholder engagement
- Build and maintain personal and organisational trust and accountability
- Identify and use appropriate leadership competencies in Executive and Non-Executive Board positions and be an effective member of the leadership team
- Appreciate how to undertake effective oversight including financial, information and risk governance
- The nature, purpose, principles and practices of corporate governance
- The purpose and challenges of leadership for Board Members
- Effective organisational decision making and board effectiveness
- Culture and climate of leadership and governance excellence
- The values and principles of ethical leadership
- Trust, accountability and ownership
- Collective responsibilities
- Skills and attitudes of successful Executive and Non-Executive Board Members
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.