This in-depth programme will equip delegates to face challenges related to case management and ethics within the judicial system, two issues which impact on judiciaries around the world.
Week one will take delegates through the principles of effective case management to ensure efficiency and transparency. The programme will explore the need for efficient case flow management and securing the cooperation of the many agencies involved in judicial administration. You will study international reforms and best practices including lessons learned from recent justice system reforms in England and Wales. Delegates will hear from expert guest speakers on the judge’s role in court and visit a court to see lessons learned in action.
Week two will outline the key principles and globally recognised standards of ethical legal and judicial behaviour, including the importance of transparent procedures for judicial appointments. Delegates will explore the importance of public perception and trust in judicial integrity, codes of conduct, dealing with complaints and tackling corruption.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Recognise the key tenets and tools of a modern case management strategy, including electronic case management
- Demonstrate judicial independence and integrity through effective case handling
- Assess judicial independence and accountability and undertake performance evaluation
- Understand common ethical issues and risks and learn to manage them effectively
- Put in place strategies to reduce any corruption in your judiciary
- Improving judicial case management practices
- Monitoring and evaluation of case management procedures
- Practising case management skills in a supportive environment
- Developing judicial codes of conduct, guidance, monitoring and training based on internationally recognised standards and best practice
- Combating corruption in judicial systems
- Creating a system for dealing fairly with complaints about judicial behaviour
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.