Integrity and Value-for-Money in Public Procurement – International /Book now
Institutional integrity and the consequences of corruption are a top priority on all national agendas. All organisations, public or private, are striving to obtain best value from their available procurement budgets. Transparent, ethical and value-for-money procurement is recognised as a vital tool to maximise the impact of budgets and achieve organisational goals.
It is essential that the skills to monitor, critically assess and audit procurement operations are developed, along with the ability to analyse results and develop strategies to minimise opportunities for corruption and strengthen procurement performance.
This course addresses these critical global priorities. It will equip procurement professionals with the tools needed to take a proactive lead in securing value-for-money and improving integrity across both the public and private sectors.
It focuses on the causes of poor and unethical practices and the areas where procurement is at its most vulnerable. By investigating how to shift from a focus on compliance to performance, delegates will take a challenging look at issues of ethics and integrity in procurement. This programme includes case studies of real value-for-money and anti-corruption procurement initiatives delivered by Crown Agents and other organisations.
Delegates receive one year’s affiliate membership of CIPS.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Develop systems for assessing and maximising value-for-money
- Promote a code of ethics and protect ‘whistleblowers’
- Design and implement a transparent and ethical procurement system focused on achieving best value
- Develop corruption mitigation strategies and controls
- Strengthen procurement performance through effective use of monitoring systems
- Procurement compliance vs procurement performance
- Assessing and improving value-for-money
- Leadership and communication skills to improve integrity in the workplace
- Vulnerability assessment and procurement risk management
- Ethical codes and policies and developing toolkits
- eProcurement’s contribution to integrity and value-for-money
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.