The increased focus and emphasis on the importance and benefits of good corporate governance has placed it at the top of the agenda in all organisations, sectors and countries.
Good governance supports effective decision making based on a clearly defined accountability framework, with robust risk management, compliance, HR, information systems, and modern, professional integrated audit and assurance arrangements. The corporate governance framework provides an efficient and effective good practice framework, embracing compliance and performance excellence towards the success and sustainability of organisations.
This practical course is designed for those executives, executive team members, senior managers and functional heads with a specialist role to play in modern corporate governance. It will equip you to establish, lead and manage specialist functions that meet current good practice expectations.
These functions include amongst others: internal audit; risk management; compliance and control; HR; quality and excellence; information management and security.
The course would also be valuable to those leading change programmes on related topics, and members of regulatory bodies with an interest in corporate governance issues.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand the integrated concepts of: governance; risk management information; compliance and performance
- Control and assurance; and the standards expected for each, including structural, procedural and behavioural components
- Appreciate how to establish, lead and manage the specialist functions in line with the principles and practices of current corporate governance codes and standards, and manage the required change and development effectively
- Provide the assured information required
- Undertake effective stakeholder engagemen
- Concepts of corporate governance
- Enterprise risk management and leading the risk function
- Leading a compliance function
- Concepts of audit and assurance
- Corporate Governance requirements of HR
- Information management and effective reporting
- Stakeholder engagement
Includes one year’s affiliate membership of ICSA: The Governance Institute.
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.