Governance, Risk and Compliance Management and Integrated Assurance /Book now
All entities, whether commercial, government or non-profit, face an increasingly demanding landscape of environmental, social and governance related risks that can impact their profitability, success and even survival. However, these often remain poorly managed and boards/senior executives are not well served with the information and assurances they need to discharge their governance oversight responsibilities.
Good governance supports effective decision making within a clearly defined accountability framework, with robust risk management, compliance, HR, information systems, and professional integrated audit and assurance arrangements. The corporate governance framework provides an efficient and effective good practice framework, embracing compliance and performance excellence towards the success and sustainability of organisations.
This practical course will equip executives, senior managers and functional heads with a specialist role in internal audit, risk management, compliance and control, HR, quality and excellence, information management or security to establish, lead and manage specialist functions that meet current good practice expectations.
It will also provide essential and practical insights for board secretaries and secretariat heads as well as those engaged in organisational change programmes.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand the integrated concepts of: governance; risk management; information; compliance and performance; control and assurance and the standards expected for each, including structural, procedural and behavioural components
- Appreciate how to establish, lead and manage the specialist functions to meet current global standards
- Evaluate your function’s performance and compliance, and provide information and assurance as required in the accountability framework
- Engage effectively with your stakeholders
- Current and emerging concepts of corporate governance
- Enterprise risk management and leading the risk function
- Leading a compliance function
- Effective internal audit and integrated assurance
- Corporate Governance requirements of HR
- Information management and effective reporting
- Stakeholder engagement
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.