The content of our procurement courses references the latest World Bank guidelines.
The strategic importance of transparent and accountable procurement in the cost-efficient delivery of quality goods, works and services, and as a vital weapon in the battle against corruption, is now recognised by governments worldwide. Increasingly, public organisations are also adopting sustainable public procurement techniques to help them reach their sustainable development goals.
It has never been more important for senior procurement specialists to ensure their skills are in line with international best-practice principles and thinking.
This course develops the contemporary strategic solutions, skills and techniques required to implement the most up-to-date procurement policies and practice. It drills down into the key areas of risk management, corruption and ethics, sustainable public procurement and the monitoring and evaluation of procurement performance, addressing all of the key challenges which procurement functions will face.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Promote the vital strategic importance of the procurement function
- Devise realistic procurement strategies that address key current issues
- Revise procurement frameworks and enhance eProcurement systems to address modern day risks, minimise corruption and encourage greater integrity Use public procurement as a tool to achieve your sustainable development goals
- Design and confidently use tools for monitoring procurement performance
- Respond to audit findings and handle complaints effectively
- Assessing the procurement landscape – critical and emerging issues driving performance, innovation and reform
- Fighting corruption and embedding ethical procurement
- Assessing procurement systems and the benefits/challenges of eProcurement
- Planning and implementing sustainable approaches to public procurement
- Developing emergency procurement strategies and framework contracts
- Assessing and addressing key issues in procurement regulation and oversight
- Planning for effective reform and change management
- Managing and measuring risk, KPIs, and benchmarking and impact
- M&E of procurement performance and reporting
- Understanding procurement audit and complaint handling
- Building team capacity and professionalism
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.