The strategic importance of transparent and accountable procurement in the cost-efficient delivery of quality goods, works and services, and as a vital weapon in the battle against corruption, is now recognised by governments worldwide.
It has never been more important for senior procurement specialists to ensure their skills are in line with international best-practice principles and thinking.
This qualification course develops the contemporary strategic skills and techniques required to implement the most up-to-date procurement strategies and policies. It drills down into the key areas of risk management, corruption and ethics and the monitoring and evaluation of procurement performance, addressing all of the key challenges which procurement functions will face.
Provisions in the World Bank New Procurement Framework, with its greater focus on value for money, are also comprehensively covered.
Delegates receive one year’s affiliate membership of CIPS.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Promote the vital strategic importance of the procurement function
- Develop detailed and realistic procurement strategies
- Implement risk management processes, considering risks including cyber attacks, modern day slavery and geopolitical threats
- Create strategies that minimise corruption and encourage greater integrity
- Design and confidently use tools for monitoring procurement performance
- Apply the latest team development techniques to improve performance
- Implementing successful and results-driven strategies and policies throughout the procurement cycle
- Fighting corruption and embedding ethical procurement
- Assessing procurement systems and the benefits/challenges of eProcurement
- Assessing impact, measuring risk, KPIs and benchmarking
- M&E of procurement performance
- Review and approval of procurement reports
- Building team capacity and professionalism
Assessment: Assessment will be through a series of exercises completed during this course.
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.