Most of us work in teams, but a high performing team is more than just a group of people who happen to work together. It’s a collection of individuals who collaborate and share a common vision and purpose, striving to achieve their goals. A high performing organisation succeeds or fails on the strength or weaknesses of the teams within it.
The job of a successful manager is to enable his/her team members to perform in their roles at the highest standards and to exceed expectations in their delivery of set objectives. That is why having team development and people management skills that get the most out of people are so essential for anyone who has management responsibilities. It also requires a high degree of self-awareness of key strengths, weaknesses and motivations on the part of a manager.
This course is essential for all managers who want to build successful teams that consistently exceed expectations and to increase their own skills and knowledge as an emotionally intelligent manager. Delegates will explore core areas of the role of a team leader, team development strategies, essentials of successful teamwork, aspects of performance and change management.
This is week two of The Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Toolkit.
This course is also available as a three-day remote training delivery. Course fee: £1,295.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand what it takes to develop and sustain high performing teams
- Develop your skills and attitude as a people manager
- Understand the organisational culture and climate required to stimulate consistent high performance
- Develop your team members’ skills through skilful coaching conversations
- The recipe for successful team development: defining vision and roles, measuring success, overcoming challenges
- Understanding yourself as a people manager – building on strengths and working on weaknesses
- Performance management essentials
- Key communication skills for building and maintaining team morale
- Leading teams through change
- Successfully managing any dysfunctional aspects of a team
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.