Good corporate governance is increasingly important for organisations, as compliance and performance towards success and sustainability become prioritised together with the imperative for fair and equitable treatment of stakeholders.
This course is designed to equip executives and managers to understand, and be able to discharge, their stewardship responsibilities in a manner and to the standards required by corporate governance principles and recognised good practice.
It answers the question: “What is good governance and how is it achieved?” It is specifically designed to educate, enthuse and empower organisations, teams and individuals in pursuit of excellent governance, responsible leadership, good management and operations. It examines the components of a fit-for-purpose governance framework and how this helps mitigate risk and add value, bolster reputation, and create a climate of stakeholder trust
that supports effective well-informed decision making.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Define the nature, importance and requirements of an integrated corporate governance framework and fit with other initiatives in a global context
- Clearly appreciate roles, responsibilities and authority distribution in an organisation and how these operate within a robust accountability framework
- Identify behavioural and procedural requirements of good governance and how to meet expectations and requirements
- Appreciate the importance of effective practical management of risk, compliance, performance and quality and internal control
- Understand the role of Board Governance Committees in corporate governance practices
- Develop an Integrated Assurance Framework to assure Board and Executive levels
- Nature and importance of a good corporate governance
- Components of a good corporate governance framework and the applicable principles and practices
- Roles and responsibilities and authority under a good corporate governance
- Cultural and behavioural requirements that underpin effective governance
- Risk management
- Control and managing compliance
- Performance and quality management
- Reporting and providing assured information
Includes one year’s affiliate membership of ICSA: The Governance Institute
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.