The true test of leadership is how leaders respond, lead the recovery, and create future sustainable success in times of crisis. Responding to a crisis requires a transformation of processes, resources and strategies, but also an adjustment to the attitudes and mindset of any leader who needs to successfully lead through and beyond that crisis.
Crown Agents has an outstanding track record in providing leadership in crisis situations, including most recently during the COVID-19 pandemic; we have rapidly deployed to meet the supply needs of more than 50 countries and found solutions to the unforeseen disruption to global supply chains and huge operational challenges, whilst providing strong guidance to governments in the face of uncertainty and rapid change.
Using case studies and real-life examples of leadership in crisis situations, this programme will help leaders of any organisation to be more resilient and effective in leading the response and the recovery from crisis situations. It will explore the skills, behaviours and attitudes needed by all leaders to rise to the challenges of uncertain and volatile times, and to be ready to seize the opportunities that can help organisations move forward into a successful future.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand your own preferred leadership style during crises by examining your personal values and their impact on your team
- Develop your personal resilience and emotional intelligence to be a more successful leader during a crisis
- Use appropriate communication and interpersonal skills to deal with the needs and wants of individuals who are facing change and uncertainty
- Make tough decisions and realign and communicate priorities amid turbulent and rapidly changing scenarios
- Select innovative strategies to respond effectively to any crisis and set a direction for recovery
- Create a culture of trust, accountability and personal ownership
- Engage, empower and motivate your team
- Use coaching skills and behaviours to assist your team to deal with the challenges of any crisis situation
- Leadership styles and behaviours
- Being an authentic and resilient leader
- Communication skills, attitudes and behaviours
- Creating cohesive high-performing teams
- Developing strategies for maintaining the short and long-term health of your organisation
- Coaching skills and behaviours
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.