This 10-day course combines:
- Countering and Audit of Fraud and Corruption: 5 days
- Detection, Forensic Investigation and Prosecution of Fraud and Corruption: 5 days
Fraud, corruption, financial and economic crime are ever worsening threats, with increasingly adverse impacts on organisations and society in general. Effective strategies to counter, deter and where possible prevent these threats are extremely important, as is the ability to detect and successfully investigate potential cases and take appropriate corrective action.
This course takes a holistic approach to proactively countering, auditing, detecting, investigating and prosecuting corrupt and fraudulent behaviour, drawing upon current international good practice and forensic technologies.
We will explore a range of topics in detail such as cybercrime, economic crime (including money laundering) and fraud and corruption in procurement and contracting. Ideal for those that have a role to play in: combating, detecting, or undertaking investigation of, fraud and corruption; developing, reviewing or auditing organisations’ counter fraud and corruption arrangements.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand and assess the nature of fraud or corruption risks and how to counter them
- Utilise key global counter fraud and corruption initiatives
- Develop and maintain an effective counter fraud and corruption culture
- Design appropriate deterrent and prevention mitigation and control
- Undertake effective detection and investigation
- Take appropriate corrective action and asset recovery
- Increase the likelihood of successful prosecution or other appropriate legal action
- Trends in nature and types of fraud and corruption and their impacts
- Proactive fraud and corruption deterrence, risk mitigation and control
- Detection techniques in high risk fraud areas, including tax and public office, procurement and contracting
- Conducting investigations
- Cybercrime and economic crime
- Role of Data Analytics, Forensic IT and Accountancy
- Corrective action, including prosecution, and asset recovery
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.