This programme is designed for current and future executive and non-executive (independent) Board Members and for senior executives. It will equip them to effectively discharge their individual and collective governance roles, responsibilities and accountabilities, and lead the organisation to success and sustainability through governance excellence. Invaluable and insightful for board members, board committee members and senior (C Suite) executives.
Corporate Governance is not the same as management and demands different approaches, competencies and styles. It’s the way organisations are directed and controlled. It is the toolkit for the processes and the oversight which drives the highest standards of leadership, accountability and behaviour. Strong governance is a key enabler for Boards and organisations to make well informed and appropriate decisions, to implement them effectively, and achieve critical stakeholder outcomes by acting appropriately and fairly. New or updated corporate governance laws, regulations and directives are frequently released.
Good corporate governance is of increasing importance globally. Its purpose is to help build the trust, transparency and accountability necessary for fostering long-term investment, financial stability and business integrity, thereby supporting stronger growth and more inclusive societies. It brings a conducive corporate culture which proactively manages risks, fosters high performance and optimally achieves corporate compliance and control to enhance organisational value.
This course outlines recognised global good practice corporate governance standards and expectations. It will help senior leaders to recognise the nature and components of effective integrated frameworks for good corporate governance. It will assist delegates to implement the structural, process, behavioural, compliance, risk and performance imperatives needed within a robust accountability framework.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Define the nature, important components and requirements of corporate governance frameworks and integrate them harmoniously with other current initiatives
- Identify behavioural and procedural requirements of good governance with relevant roles, responsibilities and
- accountabilities within a conducive culture based on values
- Appreciate the importance of risk governance and how to achieve it
- Design the Board’s informational and assurance needs to discharge its oversight effectively while ensuring appropriate stakeholder engagement
- The framework, nature, importance, principles and practices of good corporate governance
- Board effectiveness including direction, decision making, oversight and stakeholder engagement
- Structural and HR requirements and ensuring the right culture and behaviours
- Achieving both organisational compliance and effective performance
- Effective risk governance and risk management
- Meeting informational and audit/assurance needs using three lines of defence
Special benefits of this course include:
- Senior-level cadre of guest speakers
- One-to-one mentoring session, with two follow-up sessions via Skype
- Institutional visit and a networking dinner
- Access to a private alumni group on LinkedIn
For a three-week training option which includes this course, complete the premium Executive Leadership and Corporate Governance programme from 11 – 29 November in London.
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.