In the years since the global financial crisis of 2008, the banking sector has undergone seismic change as regulators have sought to reduce systemic risk, better protect banks’ customers and promote greater financial inclusion. In addition, technological innovation within the sector has created many new challenges and opportunities.
In order to consistently generate attractive returns on shareholders’ equity whilst meeting the expectations of key stakeholders, all teams and departments within a banking organisation must align with and support the overarching business strategy and vision. Strategic management enables managers and leaders to identify different approaches to overcoming the challenges presented by Fintech and blockchain technologies and to engage in strategic planning, identifying ways to contribute unique value and navigate obstacles in order to generate tangible results.
Ideal for senior executives and Boards within the banking sector, this course will equip delegates with critical skills in strategic management, change management and leadership. Through an exploration of domestic and international banking landscapes, delegates will examine how to develop and implement long-term strategies that will create value for the banks customers whilst effectively managing its risks in order to deliver sustainable returns on tangible equity at the levels demanded by shareholders.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Outline how a bank’s strategy is formulated
- Identify the purpose of strategic management
- Explore contemporary approaches to change management within financial institutions
- Understand current global leadership trends and the impact it has on their work and organisation
- Analyse the impact of international trends in banking, including key regulatory and technological themes
- Appraise the evolution of Fintech and other banking innovations and potential disruption of domestic financial services markets
- Strategy management, analysis and evaluation
- Change management in an age of uncertainty
- Effective strategic risk management, including cybersecurity and stressed economic scenarios
- 21st Century leadership, and the qualities, values and competencies of a successful leader
- International trends in financial services, Fintech and Islamic finance
- The evolving role of marketing in contemporary banking
- Societal themes including environmental considerations and financial inclusion
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.