Written communications skills and the ability to interpret and analyse data are key skills required for the modern day manager. This two week combination course will equip delegates with the tool needed to write concise and compelling business copy in any format and the statistical skills to intelligently gather, analyse, interpret and utilise data. Being able to provide clear, concise and well thought-through written communications is a highly valuable skill and an important tool for career advancement.
In week one, delegates will be guided through the entire process of writing within a business context, including planning, structure, style and common English-language pitfalls. In week two, the focus is on how to effectively analyse data and approach problem-solving from a statistics perspective to enable improved decision making.
This highly practical and hands-on course will cover all stages of how to write effectively in the business context. It looks at how to devise a clear plan having identified what needs to be communicated, decide the most effective structure and write sentences that communicate exactly what you want to say without padding or waffle. In addition you will discover how to improve business processes by drilling down into statistics to understand the intricacies of the challenges your business faces, gaining the quantitative skills needed to draw conclusions from business data sets that drive better informed decision-making within your organisation.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Plan, structure and write with increased skill and confidence
- Understand key writing techniques to achieve clear and concise language that has an impact
- Present your ideas with assurance
- How statistical thinking and data analysis can improve business outcomes and efficiencies
- Creating statistical models to support decision-making
- Principles of quantitative data analysis
- Formulating research questions for improved results
- Identifying different types of business writing and the best format and structure
- Structure and sentence construction – jargon busters
- Design options – use of graphics, illustrations and presenting technical or specialist contents
- Finding the data you need for reports and presentations
- Use data to drive informed decisions throughout your organisation
- Understand the types of data most useful in a business context and how to use them
- Conduct structured analysis and draw informed conclusions from large data sets
- Present data-based decisions is an easily digestible way to Boards and Executives
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.