With the threat of climate change, governments, organisations and citizens around the world are focussing on what actions they can take to slow the negative impacts of CO2 emissions. Boards and Senior Executives can no longer continue to “externalise” the costs of degradation, pollution and climate change on others. All stakeholders now expect that they will address unsustainable business practices and seek to make a positive environmental impact.
This course will take a deep dive into sustainability and ESG from a global environmental perspective. Participants will explore how to transition to Net Zero and what opportunities are available for leveraging innovative climate solutions, technological advances and green investments. This will support you to deliver economic benefits whilst protecting the environment.
This is week two of The Sustainability, ESG and Net Zero Toolkit for Boards and Senior Executives.
This course is also available in London, at a fee of £2,650.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand the causes of climate change and environmental degradation, and appreciate how the issues, impacts and potential solutions vary around the world
- Detail the relevant global initiatives and accords including the UN Sustainability Programme, Paris Agreement, COP26 and Net Zero and how these are driving country and organisational target setting
- Challenge the adequacy and effectiveness of your organisation’s risk governance and management responses
- Critically assess your organisation’s sustainable investment programmes
- Drive your organisation’s ambitions and transition planning, and maintain effective oversight of your environmental strategy
- Confidently engage with stakeholders on your environmental performance and fulfil your organisation’s obligations around environmental and climate reporting
- Environment and climate change issues, standards and initiatives
- Decision making on environmental issues
- Climate risk management
- Measuring emissions, sources of climate data and data assurance
- Environmental and climate investing and impact assessment
- Adapting organisational operations towards Net Zero
- Leading change and communicating the Net Zero ambition and transition plan
- Environmental compliance and control
- Taskforce for Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) reporting requirements
- Technological solutions and innovation
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.