Procurement’s critical role in organisational success is recognised as never before, but it can only succeed if it is strategic, proactive and meticulously planned and managed.
This programme offers a comprehensive and essential guide to the entire procurement cycle and will equip procurement managers with the vital tools and techniques to manage the procurement process for goods and services efficiently, effectively, and in line with international best practices.
It’s focused on the ‘3Ps’: Principles (including transparency and accountability), Practices (including potential weak spots such as planning, tender evaluation and contract management) and Performance (including getting best value from procurement and risk management). Delegates will also drill down into approaches to compliance and managing complaints, supplier relationship and category management, and the need-to-know essentials of the World Bank New Procurement Framework.
Delivered using a highly interactive style, with practical case studies, simulations and visits, delegates will return to the office confident to put what they have learned to work.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Understand the procurement cycle and its key risks, challenges and opportunities
- Develop contract strategies that deliver
- Plan and implement a transparent tendering process including bidding and evaluation
- Improve your contract and supplier management to get the best from your supply base
- Successfully implement category management
- Develop a process for receiving and resolving complaints
- The strategic importance of procurement
- The procurement cycle from identification of need to contract closure
- Techniques and processes to manage and maintain procurement strategies and supplier performance
- Tender design and methodologies
- Contract management
- Supplier relationship management
- Monitoring and evaluation tools
- Principles of category management
- World Bank New Procurement Framework, including its focus on value for money
All courses will be conducted entirely in English. A proficient level of both spoken and written English is required by all delegates so that they are able to fully benefit from the course and participate in our interactive style of training.