Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Senior Proposal Recruiter
for the Recruiting Department in our Washington, DC office
Crown Agents is an international development company employing over 600 personnel worldwide with a presence in more than 40 countries, subsidiaries in 12 countries, and permanent staff working on the ground in 22 corporate offices in Africa, Asia Latin America, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Crown Agents provides direct assistance, management consulting, and human and institutional development for public and private sector clients in customs and trade facilitation, public financial management, procurement, logistics, and health systems strengthening.
Crown Agents USA (CA-USA), the U.S. incorporated subsidiary of Crown Agents, provides direct technical assistance, capacity development, and procurement services to stimulate economic growth, establish good governance, and improve health outcomes across the developing world. Since its incorporation in the United States in 1998, CA-USA has provided technical assistance services and support to U.S. Government agencies and international organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), Department of State (DOS), and the Gates Foundation.
Role & Responsibilities
To contribute to the profitable growth of CA-USA by providing a full and professional recruitment service, focusing on identifying candidates for proposal positions and working in partnership with hiring managers, staff & international recruiting colleagues in the development of a performance management culture and the delivery of business goals.
Recruitment & Selection
- Lead sourcing & selection of candidates through: Consistent evaluation & initial screening/ranking of applicant CVs based on qualifications relevant to job description and required by internal clients, Scheduling and/or conducting reference checks and distributing subsequent notes to appropriate internal clients, Collecting and reviewing candidate applications, biodatas, affirmative action & background check release forms, Scheduling and conducting interviews in conjunction with internal clients; ensuring all are carried out in a professional and consistent manner, Adapting search criteria and methodologies to changing needs of internal and external clients, Utilization and maintenance of Applicant Tracking System
- Determine job description, grade, and competency profiles for newly won proposal positions, referencing current CA-USA job descriptions to ensure consistency throughout company
- Advise business managers on resourcing options
- Attend weekly companywide Business Development meetings
- Act as Lead Recruiter for proposal efforts, including company top targets
- Actively contribute to live proposal development by: Formatting and finalizing candidate CVs for inclusion in proposal, Strategically and proactively sourcing candidates based on RFP and TOR requirements, Development of pen portrait / personnel bios for inclusion in proposal
Compliance & Reporting
- Provide monthly updates on proposal recruiting activities for inclusion in reports
- In consultation with Manager of Human Resources, edit allowance and benefit templates as necessary to accommodate changes in overseas employment law and CA-USA Human Resource policy
- Adhere to all applicable USG, donor, and company regulations including but not limited to due diligence, reference and background checking, and AAP tracking
Finance & Operational Planning
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of business and plans and the likely impact on proposal resourcing needs
- Develop and grow collaborative working relations with international recruiting colleagues by seeking and providing support for difficult personnel searches
- Provide cost effective advice to business managers on resourcing options and anticipated outcomes
- In the absence of the Recruiting Manager, lead and prioritize proposal recruiting activities, delegating to Proposal Recruiters as required to ensure active positions receive adequate coverage
- As required by expansion of CA-USA Recruiting needs, lead in selection of, training, management, and mentoring of new recruiters
- Create & give ad hoc presentations to CA group personnel on topics relevant to Recruitment such as compliance, candidate sourcing techniques etc. as deemed beneficial
- Undertake any assigned special projects involving investigating current policies and procedures and developing and implementing new recruiting practices
Any other duties as assigned and as appropriate to the position
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required
- Master's Degree in International Development, Business Administration, or a related field preferred
- Recruiter certification desired and/or willingness to complete a related recruiting certification within one year of employment
- Fluency in English is required; bilingual or multilingual ability preferred.
- Minimum five or more years’ full cycle recruiting experience required for senior proposal recruiter; minimum three or more years’ full cycle recruiting experience for proposal recruiter
- Experience using applicant tracking systems required
- Excellent multitasking skills required, specifically relating to the management of multiple live proposal efforts in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience recruiting in an international development or federal contracting environment preferred
- Experience with international donors such as USAID, MCC, World Bank strongly preferred
- Related experience mentoring and training recruiters preferred
- Must demonstrate personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity in addition to being resourceful and flexible, which is inherent in this position
- Knowledge of employment law and its application within the workplace in relation to recruiting practice and fair hiring
To apply to this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name and “14-73 Senior Proposal Recruiter” in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagents.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.