Senior Mechanical Engineer
Applications are invited for suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Senior Mechanical Engineer
in the Department of Public Works, Ministry of Works & Urban Development.
Requirements for the Post
- BSc degree in Mechanical engineering from a recognized accredited academic institution.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in a Commonwealth Country or the U.S.A. or equivalent professional qualification from a recognized institutionFive (5) years post P.E. experience
- Must be willing to travel
- Previous experience working with government would be advantageous
- Possess good interpersonal skills to liaise with staff, clients, contractors and all associated parties
- Possess strong communication skills and team mentoring ability
- Proficiency in both oral and written English
Specific Duties and Responsibilities of the post include:
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Mechanical/Electrical Engineer
- Day to day supervision and training of mechanical engineering staff in the Department of Public Works
- Provision of mechanical design services to the other departments of the Ministry of Works & Urban Development and other government agencies, including design specifications and drawings, tender and contract documents for plumbing, HVAC, fire protection systems etc.
- Investigations of existing mechanical systems, reporting, and preparation of scopes of works for remedial projects
To apply return to jobs/Bahamas