Senior Engineer (Traffic/Transportation)
Applications are invited for suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Senior Engineer (Traffic/Transportation)
in the Civil Engineering Section of the Department of Public Works, Ministry of Works & Urban Development.
Requirement for the Post
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized accredited academic institution
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the Commonwealth of the Bahamas or any other Commonwealth Country or the U.S.A. or equivalent qualification with a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience since gaining full professional qualification
- Possess extensive and diverse knowledge of Roadway Design for minor and major highway projects.
- Possess experience in both design and maintenance of traffic signal systems
- Experience in traffic/transportation design and management in the Caribbean Area would be advantageous
- Possess working knowledge of various type of contracts and conditions of contract, both locally and internationally and experienced in contract administration of same
- Possess extensive Project Management and construction supervision experience with capital and maintenance works projects
- Experience in Computer Aided Design programs: AUTOCADD, MicroStation & Inroads/GeoPak software packages, MS Office, and Civil 3D is essential. Knowledge of both US and UK Highway Codes standards and specifications is essential
- Must be willing to travel
- Previous experience working with government would be advantageous
- Possess good interpersonal skills to liaise with staff, clients, contractors and all associated parties
- Possess strong communication skills and team mentoring ability
- Proficiency in both oral and written English.
General Job Description:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities of the post include but not limited to:
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Civil Engineer and be responsible for:
- Supervising and training the Civil Engineering Department Staff.
- Providing comprehensive planning, design and engineering services, including design specifications and drawings for all aspects of airport, bridge, and roadway/highway projects.
- Designing traffic and pedestrian signal systems, traffic control and signage, lane markings and street lighting
- Contract Administration and construction supervision to include but not limited to:
- Preparation of quantity takeoffs, cost estimates, bid specifications, technical specifications, construction contracts, pre-bid/construction meetings, on-site field inspections, regular construction estimates and schedule reviews and complete final certification for projects
- Preparation of Tender and Contract Documents to include but not limited to:
- preparing estimates, contract documents and reports
- Supervision of Tender process inclusive of Bid Analysis of capital work to negotiation, cost control, and final account
- Preparation of draft cabinet papers
- Any other duties which may arise in due course of execution of projects
To apply return to jobs/Bahamas