Senior Engineer (Design)
Applications are invited for suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Senior Engineer (Design)
in the Civil Engineering Section of the Department of Public Works, Ministry of Works & Urban Development.
Requirement for the Post
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized accredited academic institution.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, any other Commonwealth Country, the U.S.A. or equivalent qualification, with a minimum of five(5) years relevant experience since gaining full professional qualification
- Possess experience in all areas of civil engineering infrastructure designs including but not limited to: subdivisions, highways, transportation and traffic, bridges, airports, drainage, docks, harbours etc. Experience working with these types of civil infrastructure in the Caribbean Area would be advantageous
- Possess working knowledge of various type of contracts and conditions of contract, both locally and internationally and experienced in contract administration of same
- Possess extensive Project Management and construction supervision experience with capital and maintenance works projects
- Experience in Computer Aided Design programs: AUTOCADD, MicroStation , MS Office, and Civil 3D is essential
- Knowledge of both US and UK Highway Codes standards and specifications is essential
- Must be willing to travel
- Previous experience working with government would be advantageous
- Possess good interpersonal skills to liaise with staff, clients, contractors and all associated parties
- Possess strong communication skills and team mentoring ability
- Proficiency in both oral and written English.
General Job Description:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities of the post include but not limited to:
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Civil Engineer and be responsible for:
- Supervising and training the Department’s Civil Engineering Staff.
- Providing engineering design services, including design specifications and drawings, tender and contract documents for government projects.
- Preparation of Tender and Contract Documents to include but not limited to:
- preparing estimates, contract documents and reports
- Supervision of Tender process inclusive of Bid Analysis of capital work to negotiation, cost control, and final account
- Contract Administration to be inclusive of but not limited to: construction supervision, inspection, measurement of contract works and preparation of payment certificates
- Preparation of draft cabinet papers
- Any other duties which may arise in due course of execution of projects
To apply return to jobs/Bahamas