Applications are invited for suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Engineer (Electrical)
in the Mechanical and Electrical Section of the Department of Public Works, Ministry of Works & Urban Development.
Requirement for the Post
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from a recognized accredited academic institution
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in a Commonwealth Country or the U.S.A. or equivalent professional qualification from a recognized institution.
- Two (2) years post P.E. experience
- Must be willing to travel
- Previous experience working with government would be advantageous
- Possess good interpersonal skills to liaise with staff, clients, contractors and all associated parties
- Posess strong communication skills and team mentoring ability
- Proficiency in both oral and written English
Specific Duties and Responsibilities of the post include:
- Provide electrical design services to the departments of the Ministry of Works and Urban Development other government agencies, including design specifications and drawings, tender and contract documents.
- Investigating existing electrical systems, reporting, and preparing scopes of works for remedial projects
- Training Assistant Electrical Engineers in the Ministry of Works & Urban Development
To apply return to jobs/Bahamas