Chief Quantity Surveyor
Applications are invited for suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Chief Quantity Surveyor
within the Department of Public Works, Ministry of Works & Urban Development.
Requirement for the Post:
- Possess a degree in Construction Management or related equivalent qualification from a recognized accredited academic institution
- Must be a Corporate Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, or Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors or holder of equivalent professional qualifications from a recognized institution
- Eight (8) years relevant experience since gaining full professional qualifications. A working knowledge of Computer Aided Design software programs for project quantity take-offs and cost estimating, would be advantageous Knowledgeable with various types of contracts, contract documents, both locally and internationally and possess extensive experience in contract administration of same. Must be willing to travel
- Previous experience working with government would be advantageous
- Possess good interpersonal skills to liaise with staff, clients, contractors and all associated parties
- Possess strong communication skills and team mentoring ability
- Proficiency in both oral and written English.
General Job Description:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities of the post include but not limited to:
The successful candidate will report to the Deputy Directors of Public Works and will be responsible for:
- A technical team, which will provide quantity surveying services to the various divisions and sections of the Department of Public Works and other client/colleague ministries of the government.
- Preparation of Tender and Contract Documents to include but not limited to:
- preparing estimates, contract documents and reports
- Supervision of Tender process inclusive of Bid Analysis of capital work to negotiation, cost control, and final account
- Contract Administration to be inclusive of but not limited to: construction supervision, inspection, measurement of contract works and preparation of payment certificates
- Preparation of draft cabinet papers
- Liaising with consultants on capital projects.
- Preparation of assessment /evaluation reports and attend meetings as they may arise
- Any other duties which may arise in due course of execution of projects
To apply return to jobs/Bahamas