Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking the CV’s of qualified technical experts in health economics and health financing as pertaining to procurement of health commodities, health supply chain and universal health coverage to serve as Proposal Writers for expected US Government-funded opportunities.
Crown Agents USA
We are change agents for greater global prosperity, delivering practical innovations in economic governance and trade; humanitarian solutions and food security, health systems, monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and, supply chain as a partner of the US Government.
As a subsidiary of Crown Agents Limited, we leverage the expertise, resources, and network amassed from over 180 years of international development experience. Crown Agents works in 100+ countries, with on-the-ground presence in more than 35 and 13 permanent corporate offices in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We are wholly owned by a nonprofit foundation, allowing us to combine corporate agility with a commitment to reinvesting our profits in transforming lives.
Located in Washington, DC and incorporated in 1998, Crown Agents USA provides technical assistance and support to clients such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Department of State (DoS), and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA).
Role & Responsibilities
The Proposal Writer will provide support to the CA-USA Health Business Development team by writing, editing, and producing competitive proposals in response to solicitations from USAID and other donors.
- Lead and/or support the writing of technical proposals in response to solicitations from donor organizations, mainly USAID and MCC, in the areas of health financing as it relates to supply chains, universal health care schemes with affordable access to populations, and economic growth;
- Contribute to the capture planning process, including competitor analysis and proposal strategy;
- In coordination with the designated CA-USA proposal team, lead/support the design and the development of the technical approach (including technical proposal outline);
- Ensure that the final technical proposal is in “one voice” and that the technical approach section is compliant;
- Participate in proposal related meetings;
- Work with the CA-USA team in Washington, DC, and liaise with Crown Agents team members in Sutton, UK and other locations;
- Travel internationally with other proposal team member(s) to gather information for the proposal (as necessary); and
- Conduct research relevant to the proposal (as necessary).
- PhD or Master’s degree in relevant technical areas, including health financing and economics, health supply chain procurements, public financial management, universal health coverage schemes, etc.;
- At least 5 or more years of experience in technical and/or grant writing required;
- Proven track record in writing winning technical proposals for USAID and other donor agencies;
- Knowledge of USAID procurement process and, Global Health Initiative (GHI), etc.);
- Knowledge and understanding of several of CA-USA’s key areas of technical expertise: health systems strengthening, public financial management, procurement, customs and trade facilitation, supply chain, and banking;
- Team player with the ability to work with diverse teams;
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of technical experts in different geographic locations and synthesize information;
- Ability to multi-task, manage deadlines effectively, and be flexible due to possible changing priorities;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office);
- Experience implementing donor programs a plus; and
- Legal ability to work and live in the United States.
To apply to this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, along with “#16-65 Technical Proposal Writer”, in the subject line. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.