Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a short term Structured Investment Funding Specialist consultant for the USAID-funded Private Sector Driven Agricultural Growth Project in Rwanda.
Crown Agents is an international development company employing over 600 personnel worldwide with a presence in more than 40 countries, subsidiaries in 11 countries, and permanent staff working on the ground in 22 corporate offices in Africa, Asia Latin America, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Crown Agents provides direct assistance, management consulting, and human and institutional development for public and private sector clients in customs and trade facilitation, public financial management, procurement, logistics, and health systems strengthening.
Crown Agents USA (CA-USA), the U.S. incorporated subsidiary of Crown Agents, provides direct technical assistance, capacity development, and procurement services to stimulate economic growth, establish good governance, and improve health outcomes across the developing world. Since its incorporation in the United States in 1998, CA-USA has provided technical assistance services and support to U.S. Government agencies and international organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), Department of State (DOS), and the Gates Foundation.
Role & Responsibilities
The consultant will closely consult government institutions involved in public incentives administration and tax management as well as Agribusiness companies working in Rwanda. The consultant will be able to check also how Agribusiness sector is promoted in EAC including incentives involved and subsidies across the chains. The tax regulations towards agribusiness will be analyzed to inform the process. This consultancy position is short term and will be located in our Kigali office in Rwanda.
- Identify key agriculture companies working in Rwanda;
- Group the companies in big, medium and small companies by considering the size of their investments;
- Group the companies in different categories of services, value addition, trading or primary production;
- Provide their tax regime and the tax incentives received from GoR;
- Make an analysis of different request of VAT waivers from different companies and compare with similar or different companies that enjoying the waiver if any;
- Analyze the comparative advantage of what the companies are offering to GoR and waived taxes;
- Provide case studies and best practices for countries similar to Rwanda that promoted investments in Agriculture and their tax incentives;
- Draft a report for the overall assessment;
- Provide a well summarized analytical paper to PSF for its advocacy role.
- Minimum of a Master degree in economy, finance, agriculture economics or other related domains required
- Knowledge and experience in Public tax Incentives and agribusiness public policies of at least 5 years
- Have understanding of Agribusiness sector;
- Possess excellent analytical, writing, and presentation skills
To apply to this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, along with “14-23H Structured Investment Funding Specialist”in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.