Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a National M&E Expert for the for the Development of a National Climate Change Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for Jamaica under the USAID/Climate Economic Analysis for Development, Investment and Resilience (CEADIR) Project.
Crown Agents USA
We are change agents for greater global prosperity, delivering practical innovations in economic governance and trade; humanitarian solutions and food security, health systems, monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and, supply chain as a partner of the US Government.
As a subsidiary of Crown Agents Limited, we leverage the expertise, resources, and network amassed from over 180 years of international development experience. Crown Agents works in 100+ countries, with on-the-ground presence in more than 35 and 13 permanent corporate offices in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We are wholly owned by a nonprofit foundation, allowing us to combine corporate agility with a commitment to reinvesting our profits in transforming lives.
Located in Washington, DC and incorporated in 1998, Crown Agents USA provides technical assistance and support to clients such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Department of State (DoS), and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA).
At the request of the Government of Jamaica (GOJ), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is providing technical assistance for Jamaica’s low-emission, climate-resilient development. Through the Climate Economic Analysis for Development, Investment and Resilience (CEADIR) Project, USAID is enhancing capacities to conduct and use economic analyses for climate change mitigation and adaptation decisions, for development and implementation of low-emission development strategies (LEDS), and for planning and leveraging capital for strategic actions. Climate proofed sector strategies and action plans developed for the Energy, Transport, Finance and Solid Waste sectors will be main outputs of the CEADIR Project as part of its assistance to the GOJ, which through its Climate Change (CC) Policy Framework aims to mainstream adaptation and mitigation considerations into the development of legislation, policies, strategies, programs, plans and projects of all GOJ ministries, divisions and agencies (MDA’s). These will include inter alia, vulnerability and risk assessments, LEDS economic modeling, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Plans and Finance Plans.
Role & Responsibilities
The CEADIR project is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) expert to develop a National Climate Change M&E Framework and Plan for Jamaica. The expert will work with the CEADIR Project, and the Climate Change Division (CCD) within the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation (MEGJC) and Vision 2030 office, Planning Institute of Jamaica (PIOJ). The consultant will report to and take directions from the CEADIR Country Coordinator, Dr. Alicia Hayman, who leads the effort for USAID and the GoJ.
The duration of the assignment will be for 100 days over a period of 8 months.
- Conduct a literature review that will include documents at the sectoral, national, regional and international levels.
- Develop systems and processes that will accommodate rolling up from sector policy level to national level.
- Develop nationally appropriate KPIs, in collaboration with the MEGJC, Cabinet Office and the PIOJ.
- Develop a 5-year monitoring and evaluation plan to be used for monitoring on an ongoing basis and evaluate implementation of the National Climate Change Policy Framework.
- In collaboration with the appropriate GoJ representatives, develop an institutional framework for implementation of the National CC M&E Plan.
- Train personnel at the policy and implementation levels (targeting the CCD Vision 2030 team PIOJ and FPN) in use of the plan.
- Provide an execution plan to roll out implementation of the M&E Plan.
- Facilitate GOJ agreement through stakeholder workshop(s) on the communication and reporting requirements of all stakeholders
- Train stakeholders on the KPIs and reporting procedures at sessions.
- A post graduate degree, ideally in Public Management or Policy Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge, training, and practical application experience of monitoring and evaluation methodologies and experience in evaluating development projects, national programs and organizations
- At least 5 years relevant and successful work experience in developing and implementing M&E frameworks, inclusive of understanding of both national and sector level indicators
- International best practice experience in developing M&E instruments, with experience in the CC arena an asset
- A mix of quantitative and qualitative research, survey methods is desired
- Excellent facilitation and training skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop effective and practical solutions for complex issues
- Understanding of the Government of Jamaica’s reporting systems
- Working knowledge of the National Development Plan; Vision 2030 and its MTF
- Legal ability to work and live in Jamaica
To apply to this position, please email your CV and a sample of your work in M&E to email@example.com as well as firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, along with “#13-67Q National M&E Expert - CEADIR”, in the subject line. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.