Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for the USAID Climate Economic Analysis for Development, Investment and Resilience (CEADIR) Activity located in our Washington, D.C. office.
Crown Agents USA
We are change agents for greater global prosperity, delivering practical innovations ineconomic governance and trade; humanitarian solutions and food security, health systems, monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and, supply chain as a partner of the US Government.
As a subsidiary of Crown Agents Limited, we leverage the expertise, resources, and network amassed from over 180 years of international development experience. Crown Agents works in 100+ countries, with on-the-ground presence in more than 35 and 13 permanent corporate offices in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We are wholly owned by a nonprofit foundation, allowing us to combine corporate agility with a commitment to reinvesting our profits in transforming lives.
Located in Washington, DC and incorporated in 1998, Crown Agents USA provides technical assistance and support to clients such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Department of State (DoS), and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA).
CEADIR helps governments, the private sector, and civil society make the business and economic case for investing in climate change mitigation and adaptation. With CEADIR assistance, developing countries can assess, implement, and scale up low-carbon, climate-resilient development. CEADIR clients have access to global best practices and innovative tools for sound analysis of and investment in adaptation, clean energy, and sustainable landscapes. CEADIR also supports Low Emission Development Strategies (LEDS) and NAPs (National Adaptation Plans) and helps mobilize financing from private and public sources. CEADIR is managed by the Global Climate Change (GCC) and Economic Policy Offices (EP) of the Economic Growth, Education, and Environment (E3) Bureau. The funding ceiling is $19.3 million, including central resources and buy-ins from USAID missions and offices. CEADIR’s period of performance extends through September 2018. An overview of the project is available at https://www.climatelinks.org/resources/ceadir-project-overview.
The DCOP/Technical Director will be a senior manager and technical coordinator for the project by contributing to overall project leadership, technical excellence, strategic guidance, and managerial oversight. S/he will have significant responsibility for achieving for Crown Agents and our client (USAID) cost effective, timely, contractually compliant project results and impacts. The DCOP’s responsibilities for this program will also include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Support the Chief of Party and Sub-task order Activity Managers in attaining project goals and objectives by providing technical advice and direction when appropriate
- Support day-to-day planning, design and operations of project and technical teams to ensure effective project implementation
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of reports and documents to USAID and project partners
- Provide broad-based technical leadership on USAID’s climate change pillars with an emphasis on clean energy, adaptation and mobilizing access to and scaling up private and public climate financing
- Manage selected project activities and interdisciplinary teams
- Master’s degree plus 12 years or relevant work experience or Ph.D. plus 10 years of relevant work experience, in the fields of Economics, Environmental Science/Management, Finance or a related discipline
- A combination of management and technical experience with donor funded economic growth or climate change projects, preferably with USAID
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, complex, professional teams as part of global support tasks and regional/country activities
- Demonstrated understanding of and previous collaboration with USAID’s Global Climate Change Office
- Field experience in Africa, Asia and/or Latin America
- Broad-based experience in providing leadership and managing integrated teams of international experts
- Technical knowledge in clean energy required, with adaptation experience desirable, and demonstration of successfully promoting climate change finance
- Excellent communication, technical and reporting skills
- Speaking and writing fluency in English with Spanish or French required
- Legal ability to live and work in the U.S.
To apply to this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, along with “13-67B – Deputy Chief of Party”, in the subject line. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Crown Agents USA provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify our Recruiting Department at email@example.com.