Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Chief of Party, Zambia for the Accountable Governance for Improved Service Delivery in our Lusaka, Zambia office.
Crown Agents USA
We are change agents for greater global prosperity, delivering practical innovations in economic governance and trade; humanitarian solutions and food security, health systems, monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and, supply chain as a partner of the US Government.
As a subsidiary of Crown Agents Limited, we leverage the expertise, resources, and network amassed from over 180 years of international development experience. Crown Agents works in 100+ countries, with on-the-ground presence in more than 35 and 13 permanent corporate offices in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We are wholly owned by a nonprofit foundation, allowing us to combine corporate agility with a commitment to reinvesting our profits in transforming lives.
Located in Washington, DC and incorporated in 1998, Crown Agents USA provides technical assistance and support to clients such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Department of State (DoS), and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA).
Role & Responsibilities
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide primary management, leadership, and technical oversight for the anticipated USAID/Zambia Accountable Governance for Improved Service Delivery project aimed at strengthening the accountability and transparency functions within two ministries of the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), to improve health and education outcomes. The COP will serve as the primary representative for the project and lead a team of project management professionals and subject matter experts.
- Provide technical leadership, overall project management, and quality assurance oversight.
- Act as the main point of contact for USAID/Zambia, the Government of the Republic Zambia, health and education policy makers, and other project stakeholders.
- Ensure productive working relationships between private and public entities.
- Work in close coordination with partner-country officials to identify, assess, and fill technical gaps.
- Supervise expatriate and local short-term experts, ensuring completion of tasks and successful achievement of objectives.
- Liaise with and advise senior-level partner-country officials and stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in business management, economics, international development, public management, or a related field preferred; Bachelor’s and additional experience accepted
- At least 10 years of manage experience on projects of a similar size and scope
- Expertise in Public Financial Management and/or public service provision required
- Past work in Zambia preferred, experience working in Africa required
- USAID-funded project management experience required
- Excellent communication skills, including experience with presentations, reporting, and liaising with stakeholders at all levels required
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
To apply to this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, along with “16-29A, Chief of Party”, in the subject line. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Crown Agents USA provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify our Recruiting Department at email@example.com.