Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Chief of Party for the anticipated health service delivery project in Bangladesh.
Crown Agents is an international development company employing over 600 personnel worldwide with a presence in more than 40 countries, subsidiaries in 11 countries, and permanent staff working on the ground in 22 corporate offices in Africa, Asia Latin America, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Crown Agents provides direct assistance, management consulting, and human and institutional development for public and private sector clients in customs and trade facilitation, public financial management, procurement, logistics, and health systems strengthening.
Crown Agents USA (CA-USA), the U.S. incorporated subsidiary of Crown Agents, provides direct technical assistance, capacity development, and procurement services to stimulate economic growth, establish good governance, and improve health outcomes across the developing world. Since its incorporation in the United States in 1998, CA-USA has provided technical assistance services and support to U.S. Government agencies and international organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), Department of State (DOS), and the Gates Foundation.
Role & Responsibilities
The COP is responsible for the implementation, programmatic direction and leadership of a highly complex and strategic project to successful outcome of all project deliverables. The COP will ensure responsiveness to the client and other stakeholders, be engaged in work planning, monitoring and evaluation, research, budgeting, performance management, strategic communication, and new business opportunity activities.
- Ensure quality control, accountability, and compliance with USAID’s regulations and CA-USA policy and procedure for all project tasks;
- Coordinate technical work and ensure support for activities and implementing partners. Establish scopes of work for consultants, subcontractors, and short term technical assistance; identifying capacity gaps in programmatic areas which will require additional technical expertise, capacity improvement, and personnel;
- Responsible for evaluating and documenting progress, managing design and evaluation teams, evaluating sub-contractors’ activities through consultative meetings and site visits, working out solutions to keep the activity on track and providing overall guidance and direction focusing the team on achieving agreed targets and communicating long-term strategic objectives;
- Responsible for creating and managing a performance monitoring and evaluation program including data gathering, trend analysis, project milestones and effective preparation of written project reports to client, stakeholders, and home office;
- Identify any risks, issues, and capacity gaps and effectively communicate them with the home office project team, coordinate approved solutions, and manage outcomes;
- Act as the primary point of contact with USAID, Bangladesh’s government/ministry officials and other stakeholders, ensuring the project activities and deliverables are effectively communicated and relationships with the client and stakeholders are fostered;
- Oversee and develop a team of long and short term expatriate and locally hired professionals as well as conduct the performance review process;
- Provide dynamic leadership, long-term strategic vision, and mentorship to the team using the highest standard of personal intelligence, transparency and accountability;
- Strategically identify, evaluate and seek opportunities to collaborate with in-country partners as well as funding sources to expand programmatic objectives;
- Successfully represent CA-USA’s and the project’s best interests to government officials, partners and USAID in Bangladesh;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, social sciences or an equivalent field, plus 15 years of experience in a related field required;
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, complex, professional teams as part of global support tasks and regional/country activities;
- Knowledge of USAID funding mechanisms, reporting, operations, structure and administrative practices;
- A combination of management and technical experience with donor funded health-related projects, preferably with USAID;
- Excellent written, oral proficiency, and communication skills in English, and fluency in Bangla required;
- Excellent technical and reporting skills;
- Technical expertise in health service delivery, family planning, as well as past work with local health organizations is a must;
- Expertise and experience with NGO capacity building;
- Travel throughout the district project areas in Bangladesh and to the US will be required.
To apply to this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, along with "16-59a – Chief of Party, Bangladesh" in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.