Corporate Social Responsibility
Crown Agents operates to the highest standards of probity and transparency in all its business activities around the world and aspires to the principles set out in ISO26000.
It is our policy to act in a manner that is socially responsible. To achieve this we have articulated our stance with respect to a number of key social issues in the following statement.
It is Crown Agents' policy to:
- Support universal human rights both within the communities in which it operates and within the organizations with which it does business, and will seek to ensure that its activities world-wide are not complicit in human rights abuses; and
- Not be involved in the supply or shipment of goods or services where there are clearly identifiable risks of use for acts of internal repression or external aggression that would violate human rights.
- Promote equal opportunities for its employees and to recruit, train, and promote in all job areas without discriminating against any employee or job applicant on grounds of their age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership, or pregnancy/maternity status;
- Uphold freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining; and
- Operate in complete recognition of employment rights and does not condone unacceptable employee treatment such as child labor, forced labor or any form of harassment; provide the safest and healthiest possible workplaces, recognizing its responsibility to ensure all reasonable precautions are taken to protect human health and the environment; and compensate its employees at a level to enable them to meet at least their basic needs, and complies with relevant equal pay and working hours directives. It provides relevant training and opportunities for employees, and endeavors to assist them to achieve a work-life balance.
Environment and Development
- Be committed to sustainable development, and endeavors to ensure its services achieve improvements in national development targets;
- Encourage the development and use of environmentally friendly technologies within its sphere of influence; and
- Take due account of prior environmental impact assessments for relevant business opportunities.
- Demonstrate high standards of corporate governance to its shareholder, the Crown Agents Foundation;
- Recognize the value of its employees as a key asset and provide opportunities to improve their skills and capabilities in order to raise their economic and social opportunities;
- Aim to be recognized by its clients as a leading partner in their development, by delivering effective results through professional advice, expert training, and practical support; and
- Promote fair competition (including respect for intellectual property rights) and is professional, impartial, and equitable in its selection and payment of suppliers and contractors, both for its own usage and on behalf of its clients.
Integrity and Conduct
- Not give or accept bribes or other illegal inducements;
- Have no links with any political party and does not make political contributions;
- Respect and adhere to laws in countries where it operates;
- Not be party to price fixing or other anti-competitive practices;
- Not be party to money laundering, insider dealing, or tax evasion; and
- Comply with trade and financial sanctions imposed by the UN.
- Make allocations to the Crown Agents Foundation to further its social and developmental objectives;
- Endeavor to partner governments, non-governmental organizations, private companies, and local communities to contribute to the empowerment and participation of civil society; and
- Support charities and projects through the Crown Agents Staff Charity Association.
Crown Agents has a zero tolerance policy on bribery and corruption. It does not give or accept bribes (including "facilitation payments") or other illegal inducements, and will not condone any such action by its employees, agents, representatives, and consultants. Crown Agents will never penalize any member of staff, employee, agent, representative, or consultant for refusing to pay a bribe or facilitation payment, notwithstanding that such refusal might result in Crown Agents losing or not retaining business. Crown Agents also operates a central independent reporting line for anyone with concerns as to Crown Agents conduct in this area. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.